Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Kristen in Jalouse Magazine (France) for the Gabrielle Chanel fragrance- September 2017


imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Click on scans for full view.

Transcribed quotes from the interview (google translated):

On the Gabrielle Chanel fragrance film: For me, it expresses this idea: show yourself as you are without restriction and we will see you.

Gabrielle reveals people to themselves; what they do not self-exist to be, suddenly they become. This film is like a therapy.

Working with Karl, worked with an excellent director. It's a show. An experience in which I participate like anyone.

On working with the Chanel team: I know each one of them very well, I cannot imagine, whatever the future holds, that my links with them are distended. They are... my preference. I never felt I was doing anything with them that was not me. I never asked for anything and they never made me feel, as far back as I remember, uncomfortable.

I like being an actress, but I have wanted to direct since I was 10 years old and ... it happened. When you direct a short film, there is no rule, you can absolutely do everything.

You cannot proclaim yourself rebellious in the sense that it makes you exactly opposed to it. Someone who puts a point of honour to be systematically against, never to want to follow the paths that are expected of them, of which it is too easily said 'Oh! What a rebel! is not rebellious. For me, rebellious, it is someone different, who does not calculate it.

The idea developed in this campaign is that Gabrielle, before she became Coco, stands already standing, in all independence. She does not create to prove to others that they were wrong. She lives. It traces its course.

How can I define this precisely? I find that life is a question of movement, of being able to be totally present to the world, not to look back. Gabrielle was the same. She did not stop. It is like running endlessly, whatever happens, whatever your instinct tells you, whatever your impulses, what counts is Go! Go! Go! Being on the move, it is also the idea that you can run much faster than anyone.

Scans Mel452

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?