Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kristen's interview with L'Express at Cannes



Heroine of the Twilight saga, Kristen Stewart explodes in Sils Maria, by Olivier Assayas. A revelation that is well worth a (short) meeting.

Lets not waste time. The meeting with Kristen Stewart is timed. Take it or leave it. Because she is great in Sils Maria, by Olivier Assayas, we took it. In the movie, she plays the assistant-manager-coach-bodyguard of a star played by Juliette Binoche. In real life, she's one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood and playing cat and mouse with the paparazzi who stick to her. The teenager in you, may know it: heroine of the Twilight saga, Kristen Stewart is a superstar whose "life, she said, blasé, has become a mini-show."

As proof, the effervescence on the rooftop of the hotel where, the morning after the presentation of Sils Maria at Cannes, the actress does interviews non-stop. Juliette Binoche and Olivier Assayas are also present, but all eyes are on this 24 year old American, actress since 10 and having always been on sets - her mother is a script supervisor, her father, a stage manager.

There is an irresistible urge to scratch beneath the surface of the actress, know to be crabby in interview, and sometimes rude to her fans seeking autographs. "This reputation is unfair, she defends. I was 17 when the first Twilight came out. I was caught in a media storm, where I only was gossip fodder. I became so nervous that people thought I was an unpleasant person."

 Now, it's quite the opposite. She talks at full speed. And gets carried away when the term "against type" is mentioned about her roles as a rock star and muse of the Beat Generation in The Runaways and On the Road: "I don't give a fuck about what is good for my career or what people expect of me. What I want, is new experiences." Hence her desire to work with Juliette Binoche: "She turned out to be as I imagined: eccentric, weird, vivid, smart. And her laugh! My God, her laugh! It is most contagious I have ever heard in my life!"

At her side, like a mirror effect with Sils Maria, her publicist times the interview. "She's with me since I was 13 years old. I evolve in a world where everything you say or do can be used against you. She helps me and protects me." She will be busy. Kristen Stewart is now no longer the teen idol. Thanks to her extraordinary performance in Sils Maria, she enters the major league like a tornado.

Source Translation thanks to itsoktobeyou.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?